August 31, 2015

Review: Dream Mandalas Adult Coloring Book

I don't know if you've seen the explosion of adult coloring books, but it has gotten crazy! 
I'd say it's a silly craze, but honestly I've always found coloring to be very calming, so I get why people are into them!

So I was approached Ulysses Press to review a coloring book they published I was very interested.  

They sent me:

Dream Mandalas
30 Hand-drawn Designs for Mindful Relaxation
by Artist Wendy Piersall


A bit about the book:

Relax and de-stress from your busy life by coloring this collection of whimsical mandalas that incorporate mystical imagery into the patterns.

Coloring a mandala is an ancient way to attain focus, clarity, and peace. Now, Coloring Dream Mandalas adds the beauty of the dream world—including dreamcatchers, sacred geometry, angels and fantastical creatures—to these intricate designs for page after page of coloring book bliss.

With roots in Hinduism and Buddhism, mandalas are spiritual symbols that represent the universe. Coloring these hypnotically beautiful, mystical shapes is a meditative and enjoyable way to relax. A fun way to achieve a state of mindfulness, this book fosters creativity, reduces stress, and allows readers to embrace their inner child by focusing on the simple but engaging task of coloring in the detailed designs.

What a very cool coloring book!! Even just looking at the pictures without color they are amazing.  I do have to admit that at first some of the intimidated me for coloring - so many little areas.  But actually that wasn't an issue! Coloring in the smaller areas actually made me focus on that and nothing else so anything I might have been stressing over went away for a bit!

One other thought - I can't believe these are hand-drawn.  I stink at drawing so the thought of someone drawing these pictures to color just amazes me!!!

If you haven't checked any adult coloring books out I suggest you!!


2 comments:

  1. Adult coloring books are all the rage right now. I agree with you, they really can relieve stress! We even has some in the teen lounge in my library and the teens love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the most adorable one at Target with Owls, made me think of your blog :) There was also this pocket size one with pull out pages that seemed less intimidating than the full page ones. It sure would make a fun gift though.

    ReplyDelete